Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy consumerist day

Call me cynical, but the idea  of candies and hearts and all this mushy manufactured nonsense is not my ideal way to spend a tuesday. Energy can be spent on such better things, like griping about how awful candies and luminescent pink and red hearts are.
I see a red heart, i want to paint it black.
So please, get your pathetic little updates and gushings out of my sight, or i may implode.
If you spend a whole year  waiting for one day to celebrate this so called thing called love, then I am very very sad for you.
Is it not supposed to be celebrated daily, is everyday not meant for silly little things like candy and flowers. Apparently not. Apparently we need the media to give us a day to express our love.
Named days are useless and quite frankly, annoying.
So this is my not-so-cynical rant about the wonders of a day, which originally had nothing to do with love, flowers and candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers