Wednesday 4 April 2012

Beauty?

Apparently I am "tiny and petite".
That made me want to spit my drink out.
I have huge beautiful eyes. I am captivating.
All beautiful lies to lure one into bed i suppose. Although I seem to be the one doing all the luring.
I have become a flirt. I know this.
But It is unfamiliar ground that is so tempting to tread on.
We went to a do on Saturday night, and as my friend put it, i had a "horde" of men following me everywhere.
down to my siblings friends who had barely even noticed me before.
It was great, even more so since the one guy I had my eye on noticed me the most.
It feel great but unfamiliar.
Is it not strange how once the body starts to distort, the perceptions of others seem to change as well.
But then I seem to question if it not maybe the way that I am carrying myself lately.
I have an air of confidence around me.
I smile, I laugh.
Unfamiliar emotions.
It feels great, and the people around me feel great, about me and themselves.
But then I go home.
Sip my glass of wine. Drag on my cigarette.
And it all seems so lost and pointless.
A fleeting moment of happiness, blanketed by an eternity of sorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I relate to this so much. Almost as if you are living someone else's life, in an unfamiliar body, it can be so alien and isolating even though you're being showered with attention. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete

Followers