Friday 26 October 2012

Nostalgia

I just Bumped into one of my old lecturers from University
It was surreal,
I suppose I have been thinking about the experience for quite some time now.
She was a mentor to me
A mother and a friend
I loved and Hated her.
I thought we got along quite well.
She is the reason I stayed and the reason I nearly left.

I only have fond memories of her, even the bad ones are fond in hind sight.
Then I walk into a coffee shop, one i go to quite often,
One i have seen her in before.
and she doesn't greet me.
So my bruised ego blatently walks up to her
and say hello
all she says is
"goodness gracious, it's you''
I felt my heart fall through the floor.
I just went back to my table
carried on reading my book
Pretended like she wasnt there.

The worst thing is, that I have a friend
Who tells me how she always goes out of her way to talk to him
when ever they meet
I suppose I am a little jealous
He was always the prodigy...

Oh its so stupid i know
It is just becuase I put it on such a high pedestal

I just wish i didnt feel this stupid, this let down.
It just solidifies what a waste of time university was for me.
even my mentor is a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers