Monday 27 August 2012

Glasses and Cigarettes

I feel as if i am on yet another self destructive path.
I have spent the last week or so chasing highs.
Maybe its not self destructive and i just need to accept it as some fatal flaw of my personality.
But I just want to be numb.
I know I drink too much, smoke to much.
I am perpetually inebriated, or not.
maybe that is the problem.

This weekend we had a small get together with a few friends,
I polished off two bottles of wine,
barely felt fuzzy, and then proceeded to chase different forms of inebriation.
Which just left me feeling ill, and even worse in the morning.

I am at a time in my life where things are fairly uncomplicated,
I am happy, as happy as i am capable of being.
yet i still feel dark, and grey, and smothered.

My weight is some unfathomable number of height.
I am not even going to disclose the number,
It is too high
and too disgusting.
I just want to tear the flesh from my body,
store it some jar on the other side of the planet
and never have to look at myself again.
It is a constant anxiety that just presses down on every aspect
It is ruining all sense of reality.

I want to feel empty.
and full.
conflicts that i am just losing the will to fight anymore...

3 comments:

  1. I was that that way for so long and still am sometimes,
    I just wanted to be comfortably numb.
    Drink, drugs, food, anything I could get my hands on to kill the pain.

    Hang in there Alice,
    I know it might not seem like it now but things do get better, I promise

    Love to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there lovely. I know the feeling... before the operation I just had, I was getting drunk almost every day and smoking so much I'm absolutely positive my lungs had turned black. Plus I was doing a lot of weed, abusing medication prescribed to me for colds and stuff, it wasn't good... all to kill the big sadness... but hun, Ruby is right, it will get better. You just need to start taking baby steps to mend yourself and before you know it you'll be back on your feet, without the various methods of inebriation, and feeling much more together about yourself and your life.

    All my support. Gabby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you my darlings... Your support means more than you'll ever know.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Followers